Registered Nurse - MICU/SICU (Days)
Bethesda, MD 20814 US
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) - MICU/SICU to provide care to Active Duty heroes, their families, and retirees at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland. Hours required are 7 days per week, 0645 - 1915. Services will be required on Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - MICU/SICU:
- The ability to react to any emergency situation, e.G., cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma and psychiatric reaction. Serve as member of the resuscitation team.
- Assess patients' conditions for potential or life -threatening crises. Distinguish between normal and abnormal physical findings (from physical assessment and vital sign assessment). Plan appropriate nursing care set forth by the MTF, IAW JC guidelines.
- Operate defibrillator, EKG machine, and cardiac monitor.
- Care for patients with Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines and mechanical ventilator.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate plans/actions and collaborate with a diverse healthcare team for the benefit of the patient, family and organization Effectively educate patients and families regarding involvement in the plan of care, promotion of self-care, management of symptoms, and follow-up care.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and reacts quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Demonstrated ability to obtain, assess, and report critical lab or diagnostic results to patient s physician in a timely manner.
- The demonstrated ability to act on all medical and therapeutic orders in a timely manner.
- Can demonstrate and adhere to peri-operative, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate patient care through a continuum and facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain excellent patient assessment skills. Use the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. The contracted RN will demonstrate proper preparation of patient s for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions. Provide proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Will be knowledgeable in administrative requirements for the documentation of patient' s condition, progress and acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - MICU/SICU:
- Degree/Education: Nurse will have successfully completed the undergraduate or graduate degree appropriate to the sub-specialty.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: In addition to BLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required to work on the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Experience: Continuously employed, for a minimum of three (3) years, as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a hospital or clinical setting; and, employed for one (1) year as an ICU RN in a hospital or clinical setting prior to working at the MTF.
- Licensure/Registration:: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 states, or US territories.
- US Citizen (to access government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - MICU/SICU:
- Competitive pay
- 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
- 11 paid Federal holidays
- Health & Welfare allowance mostly cover the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability